Axolotl Planet ships all packages containing live animals via UPS Next Day Air. We will not use any other shipping methods under any circumstance when shipping live animals. To prevent shipping delays over the weekend, we only ship packages containing live animals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of each week.
This does NOT mean that you will receive your order the day after it is placed; it means that you will receive your order the day after we mail it. The processing time for each order depends on current stock quantities, the time of year, the day of the week when the order is placed, and a number of other factors. Please be patient; our team works very hard to process each order as quickly as possible.
Once your package has been scanned for shipment at our facility, you will receive a tracking number in the inbox of the email address you provide at checkout. If you do not receive a tracking number within 5 business days of placing your order, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping for all packages containing live animals is $40.00. You may also choose to pick up your animals in person at our store location in Dallas, TX. This option is free but is only available for orders of live animals.
Packages that do not contain live animals are shipped via USPS or UPS Ground, depending on what is ordered. Shipping on packages that do not contain live animals is free.
The shipping times for packages that do not contain live animals depends on what is ordered. Some items will ship within 3-5 business days. Other items are made-to-order and will take longer to be shipped.
Axolotl Planet does not offer Local Pickup on packages that do not contain live animals. If the Local Pickup option is selected on an order that does not contain a live animal, the order will be mailed using Axolotl Planet Standard Shipping.
Preparing Livestock for Shipping
We fast our axolotls for forty-eight (48) hours to prevent excessive waste buildup in the package during the shipping process. If an order is placed on Tuesday or Wednesday, we will fast your animal over the weekend, and ship your animal the following Monday.
We take great care when packaging our animals for shipment, and take the following measures to keep your new pet as safe and comfortable as possible during shipment.
- We triple-bag every axolotl to prevent any water or oxygen from leaking out of the packaging during shipment.
- We include cold packs in each parcel to keep the water at a safe temperature for the animal.
- We use high-grade cardboard boxes and styrofoam insulation to reduce the chances that the package contents get damaged during shipment.
We will not ship an axolotl to any state where they are illegal, including California, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Maine. (According to NM law, it is legal to own an axolotl in the State, but not to transport one across State lines.) Additionally, we will use our best judgment when shipping to addresses where we suspect a customer may intend to transport their axolotl to a state where they are illegal. If our team determines that the fulfillment of an order may result in the violation of any U.S. Federal or State laws, we will terminate the order and issue a refund to the customer. If this occurs, contact our team at email@example.com to resolve the issue. Currently, we do not ship axolotls outside of the United States.
Axolotl Planet takes every reasonable measure to ensure that your new pet will be alive and healthy when it arrives at your door. In the unlikely event that your animal is dead on arrival (DOA), follow the following instructions to resolve the situation.
- Contact the Axolotl Planet team within one (1) hour of receiving the package, and we will be in touch as soon as possible to assist you.
- Record a short video of the dead axolotl in its original, unopened bag and send it to our team. (The head and gills of the specimen must be clearly visible in the recording.)
- If the terms above have been met, Axolotl Planet will send a replacement animal of the same morph, size, and general quality/appearance (as the high levels of genetic variation in our stocks may cause individuals of the same morph to take on slightly different characteristics) as listed in the original order. In this case, the customer will not be responsible for covering the shipping cost of the replacement animal.
Axolotl Planet is not responsible for unexpected delays, damage, or DOAs directly caused by the shipping company. If this occurs, Axolotl Planet will send a replacement animal of the same morph, size, and general quality/appearance as listed in the original order. In this case, the customer will be responsible for covering the shipping cost of the replacement animal.
The terms of the Axolotl Planet Live-Arrival Guarantee are immediately and permanently void if:
- The customer fails to contact our team within one (1) hour of receiving the package;
- The customer was not present to receive the package when it was delivered;
- The customer failed to pick up the package in a timely fashion from its destination address;
- The customer opened the bag containing the dead animal; or
- The customer provided an incorrect shipping address.
Axolotl Planet retains absolute discretion to determine whether or not the customer has satisfied the terms of the DOA policy.
Axolotl Planet accepts the following methods of payment:
- Credit/Debit Cards – In-person and online purchases. We accept all major credit and debit cards through Square. The customer will pay a 3% fee on these transactions.
- Zelle, Venmo, and Cash App – In-person purchases only. No fees on these transactions.
- Personal Checks – In-person purchases only. All checks must be cleared seven days prior to the shipment of your animal.
- Cash – In-person purchases only.
Holding an Animal
If a customer wishes for us to hold an axolotl specimen, they must make a deposit equal to 50% of the sale price of the animal. This deposit is non-refundable.
All held orders must be paid in full within two weeks of requesting the hold.